Published: 17/07/2014 | AUTHOR: Karen Cooper
Britain’s newest quirky holiday experience, courtesy of VW and Late Rooms ticked all the successful PR stunt boxes for us this month - exemplifying all the secrets of telling a good story.
Stunts, particularly during recessionary times are often seen as a ‘want to do’, not ‘need to do’, but this clearly demonstrates how they can still play an effective role in creating memorable media stories, raising awareness and generating conversations for a brand.
Boxes it ticks are:
• Well-known brands working together as part of a well-thought-out strategy
• Timely – released as the holiday season starts
• The stunt tells the story – in this case the innovative hotel chain has been created in a bid to encourage more British families to embrace UK adventure holidays with a partnership between Volkswagen and LateRooms.com
• Controlled surprise – huge planning will have gone into the logistics, health and safety etc.
• Not an isolated one off – the Hotel VW California will be situated around some of the UK’s most beautiful and bold locations this summer
• Engagement – travellers in the UK will be able to stay at Britain’s newest quirky holiday experience: the ‘Hotel VW California’
With all proceeds going to charity, what’s not to love?!